Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why I felt it necessary to start another Blog.

espite the sadly barren livejournal blog that I already keep, I've decided to open up a non-personal blog devoted to my pursuits in digital art and the long, long road to getting into the gaming industry. This entry will serve as my self-introduction.

I am Luke. And as people around the web know me, I am an arrtist (Clever play on the Pirate theme - I am very droll). Although in childhood and well into adolescence and teenagerdom I fancied myself a to-be cartoonist, but somewhere down the line I realized that I was more inclined to the 'digital entertainment' industry, and started dabbling in the dark (pixel) arts.

By absolutely no means have I honed this art and made myself a force to be reckoned with, nor am I even really known within the pixel art community, but I'm here, I'm zoomed in to 10x and working on destroying my vision pixel by pixel.

I will conquer the world one pixel at a time.

Now, here's the manifesto for this particular Blog. I will do my best not to break my own rules:

I will:
・ Post pixel & other digital artwork related to my quest to join the gaming industry
・ Post other work and projects relevant to gaming and game development
・ Build a digital portfolio via this blog of all of the game-related things that I do
・ Update my status within the gaming industry, which as of this writing is 'nonexistent'
I may:
・ Review games and other game projects, including shout-outs to my homies
・ Link and/or create useful tutorials pertaining to my work/art
・ Write about art-related technologies and their potential for/effect on the industry

Any or all of the above rules may be broken, as I am very bad at not breaking my own rules pertaining to diligence in maintaining order in work.

No comments:

Post a Comment